Installation, Repairs & Maintenance
- Aerobic Aeration System
- Holding Tank
Our frequently asked questions
How often does my septic tank need service?
Counties require service every 3 years. Matenaer Plumbing Inc. highly recommends pumping every 2-3 years. Frequency depends on the size and condition of the system, along with the amount of usage, a well-maintained septic system will prolong the life of the system. Filters should be removed and cleaned periodically. Risers, covers, locks and chains are also available for installation. Reminders are sent to you from your local county POWTS office, please contact us when you need your septic inspected and we will fill out the forms and send into your respective county POWTS office.
We do not pump tanks but will coordinate a pumper to empty your tank
What do I need to do before Matenaer Plumbing Inc, arrives to inspect my system?
- Totally expose cover
- If you have a filter to clean, have water and hose available
- Check any locks and have keys available
Should additives be used in my septic?
- A septic tank contains natural bacteria. No additives are needed
- An exception would be if you have an Aeration System where a bag of aerobic treatment is inserted into the septic tank along with an air pump thereby encouraging the development of aerobic bacteria
Where can I plant trees?
- No trees should be planted within 50 feet of the septic and drain field
What should not go in my septic tank?
- Fats and oils
- Food waste
- Chemical or paint
- Personal hygiene products
- Wet wipes, diapers, or paper towels
What type of toilet paper should we use?
- 1 ply is recommended
Why is my alarm going off?
- The pump is not working
- The tank is over-full
Why do I have septic odor in my house?
- Drains or traps have dried out
- Clogged plumbing stack on roof